Beautycounter Think Big Mascara Review
Hi friends! Happy Tuesday! I’m popping into today to share a review of our new Beautycounter mascara. I didn’t love our previous formula and was SO so happy to hear that they completely revamped it.
(Wearing our new team shirt! If you’re interested in joining our team, sign up here. We’d love to have you.)
Beautycounter Think Big Mascara: Forget everything you know about clean mascara. We’re about to change the game in the blink of an eye. Overachieve your lash goals with dramatic lift, length, and mega volume (without clumping and flaking). Think Big All-In-One Mascara is boosted with lash-care conditioners for longer, fuller, stronger-looking lashes.
Think Big All-in-One Mascara is a completely new formula, designed to bring the best results from a volumizing and lengthening mascara into one.
One eye with the mascara, one eye without:
(Kindly ignore my caterpillar brows. I haven’t had them done in months, so there ya go.)
Why does clean mascara matter?
Ingredients that can be found in traditional mascaras (carbon black, mineral oils, cyclic silicones, and BHT) may be linked to harmful effects on human health. The eyelids in particular are very thin and prone to irritation so, as always, we were mindful of formulating with safer ingredients.
Think Big All-In-One Mascara is EWG-Verified™.
We test each batch for heavy metals to ensure it meets our strict safety measures. We are highly selective when it comes to pigments; out of the 65 cosmetic colorants allowed in the US, Beautycounter prohibits the vast majority from being used, only using 18 colorants in our color cosmetics.
Beautycounter Think Big Mascara Review
The New Formula:
31% of the plastic used in the packaging is composed of post- consumer recycled resin.
Tripeptide technology features two ingredients to support the appearance of longer, fuller, and stronger lashes. Provitamin B5 nourishes and conditions while biotinyl tripeptide helps support stronger, healthier-looking lashes.
What I Love About It:
- I felt like the previous formula was too thin and didn’t make a huge difference. Also, it irritated my eyes! I have super sensitive eyes and while it initially worked for a bit, my eyes started to become itchy and dry whenever I used our mascara. This one is extremely gentle on the eyes, but still gives the thick and bold look I enjoy.
- Their emphasis on sustainability. BC is always finding ways to be more earth-friendly with their packaging and production strategies, and the plastic in this bottle is made from post-consumer recycled resin.
What Isn’t My Favorite:
- The brush isn’t my fave style. I prefer the round brush with actual bristles and this one is a little more plastic-y. Even so, the product still goes on smoothly and makes a difference. It’s WAY better than our previous mascara.
- Also the packaging made me chuckle. It’s a little *eggplant emoji* lol.
How do you remove Beautycounter mascara?
This formula is simple to remove and works with a variety of Beautycounter cleansers and removers, so that there’s an option regardless of preference.
- Liquid Cleanser: Generously apply warm water to help release the mascara from the lashes, then follow with your favorite gentle cleanser.
- Cleansing Oil or Balm: Apply warm water to the lashes, followed by Countertime Cleansing Oil or Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm. Gently press and wipe (never rubbing) to remove the formula from lashes.
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover: Saturate a cotton round with the remover and press the round onto eyelashes, holding for one to two seconds. Once lashes are saturated, gently sweep in both upwards and downwards motions until all the formula has been removed.
- One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes: Apply the wipe to eyes, gently sweeping in upward and downward motions until all mascara is whisked away from lashes. Pro tip: Add a little Instant Eye Makeup Remover to your wipe for an extra cleansing boost.
Bonus: this new mascara is now included in Flawless in Five. If you want to upgrade your makeup to safer options, this is such a great way to do it!! With Flawless in Five, you’ll save 20% on the mascara and everything else that comes with it.
If you’ve never ordered from Beautycounter, use the code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off! (Certain exclusions and sets are excluded since they’re already discounted.)
Friends: if you’ve tried Beautycounter, what’s your #1 favorite product? What’s on your Beautycounter wish list? Leave a comment below and I’ll surprise a lucky commenter with a couple of my favorite BC products. (Winner will be announced in Friday Faves.)
You may also enjoy:
- 5 Ingredients To Avoid In Your Beauty Products
- Beautycounter Skin Twin Review
- Natural Skincare & Clean Beauty Tips
The post Beautycounter Think Big Mascara Review appeared first on The Fitnessista.