Bone grafting made simple with RTR+
Septodont introduces RTR+, its latest formulation for ideal osteogenic matrix bone regeneration.
Septodont’s RTR was always popular with dental professionals whose patients needed bone restoration. But with its two new formulations in RTR+, Septodont is making it even easier.
RTR+ is suitable for use with:
- Post-extraction socket preservation
- Periodontal defects
- Infrabony defects
- Peri-implant defects
- Sinus lift
- Ridge augmentation
- Cystic cavities.
The basic principle of RTR+ composition is the balance between:
- The stable hydroxyapatite (HA), which acts as a scaffold offering an ideal structure for cellular adhesion. Whilst also providing long-term stability thanks to its slow resorption
- The fast resorbing of β-TCP, which immediately begins to release calcium and phosphate ions into micropores thus enhancing bioactivity.
Designed through a special manufacturing process using MBCP technology (micro macroporous biphasic calcium phosphate technology) this micro and macroporous structure mimics human bone. It is proven as an ideal osteogenic matrix for bone regeneration.
Hydroxyapatite and ß-tricalcium phosphate are both fully resorbable. They will gradually generate new natural bone and, being fully synthetic, there are no risks of disease transmission.
Case study – post-extraction bone filling before implant placement
By Dr Bruno Salsou – Toulon
A 55-year-old patient presented with significant mobility in tooth LL6.
A retro-alveolar radiographic examination showed a level three furcation defect preventing the preservation of the tooth.
The decision was to extract the tooth and perform bone filling so as to permit implant placement.
- The packaging of RTR/MBCP technology in pre-filled syringes facilitates the handling and placement of the material
- The conglomerate formed with clotted blood helps to ensure the retention of the material within the alveolus. An essential element for good bone healing.
For more information on RTR+ visit the Septodont website: www.septodont.co.uk/products/r-t-r.
If you would like an online consultation with one of Septodont’s products specialists, please click on the picture link to book a time: