Healthy Basa Fish Recipes
Healthy Basa Fish Recipes HealthifyMe HealthifyMe – The definitive guide to weight loss, fitness and living a healthier life.
Basa fish can be grilled, baked, pan-fried or steamed. It blends well with Indian spices and gives a unique aromatic taste to the dish.
#1 Basa Fish Curry in Coconut Milk Recipe
A flavourful Indian curry prepared with coconut milk and basa fish, a great accompaniment to rice or rotis.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 Basa Fish Fillet, Cut into pieces
- 1 Big Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1 Big Tomato, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (Thick)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 springs Curry leaves
- To taste Salt
- Heat 1 Tsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Saute till translucent and add the ginger – garlic paste followed by the chopped tomato.
- Saute till the tomato turns soft
- Cool and grind into smooth paste by adding little water.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add curry leaves followed by the ground paste.
- Fry it for a couple of minutes and add turmeric powder followed by chili and coriander powder.
- Saute till the raw smell goes off and add half a cup of water along with the required amount of salt.
- Cook it for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add coconut milk along with water, if needed, and fish pieces
- Lower the flame and cook till the fish gets cooked about 5 minutes.
- Add the garam masala.
- Simmer for a minute and serve hot.
#2 Pan Fried Basa Fillets Recipe
A quick and easy recipe using Basa fish
- 350 g Baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 Lime zest and juice
- 1 Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 11/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 Skinless and boneless Basa fillets
- In a medium pan of salted, boiling water, cook the potatoes for 12 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the salsa: In a bowl, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, lime zest, and half lime juice.
- Add chili, half garlic, and coriander. Season and add extra lime juice as per your taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season the flour and use it to coat the Basa fillets
- Transfer the coated fillets to the pan.
- Fry for 30 seconds over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Fry for two more minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes. Return to the pan, along with the remaining olive oil and garlic.
- Lightly crush with a potato masher or a fork, and then divide between 2 plates.
- Top with the fish and drizzle over the chili and coriander salsa.
The post Healthy Basa Fish Recipes appeared first on HealthifyMe.