HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask Review
Sharing a full review of the HigherDOSE red light face mask and if it’s worth the cost. This post is not sponsored, but you can use my referral link to check it out and FITNESSISTA75 for a discount.
Does anyone else get a kick out of beauty products that scare the heck out of their family members?
It’s a little toooooo satisfying to turn a corner wearing a sheet mask and watch the Pilot jump when he sees me.
I also have to say at this point, no one is truly phased by my antics anymore. It’s not unusual to see me wearing a charcoal face mask, a sheet mask, have Frownies attached at various points all over my face, or to emit a lovely red glow as I wear my LED mask.
While I haven’t done any injections – Botox and fillers freak me out. I’ll never say never, but it’s not for me right now – I WILL try anything else. Gua sha, jade roller, masks, serums, facials, give me all the things. It’s fun to share some of my top picks here on the blog, and today, I’m so excited to feature something I’ve been loving and using for many months now: the HigherDOSE LED red light mask.
HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask Review
I’m a huge fan of HigherDOSE (I use their sauna blanket a few times per week and the PEMF Go mat every single day) and couldn’t wait to try their red light mask when it was released last fall. I’d lurked various brands but wasn’t ready to commit. I was glad I waited, because I knew that this would be an amazing product since I love everything HigherDOSE produces.
Ok, so how does the red light face mask work?
In includes red and near-infrared lights that can help to boost mood, collagen production, skin healing, and can help to reduce wrinkles and sun spots. It’s non-invasive and limits low-level rejuvenating wavelengths that are found in natural sunlight. I notice that it has an instant calming effect and is such a mood booster, especially during the cold winter months.
My favorite benefits of the red light face mask:
– It’s cordless! I LOVE that you can use it anywhere and not have to worry about a cord.
– You can also set a timer for 10 or 20 minutes.
– It was designed for active lifestyles, and they included the head strap so you can wear it while you walk around, read a book, work out, or practice yoga.
– You can use it anywhere you’d like to work on improving skin texture and promote healing. I’ve been a fan of red light for years and also use it when I’m recovering from an injury. (I used red light on my broken pinky as it was healing. Obviously talk to your doctor and don’t use on any open wounds mmm k?)
– Gently wash your face before using the mask. Don’t use the mask while you have a lot of heavy sunscreen, makeup, or creams on your face. It does not use UV light, so you don’t have to worry about SPF on your face
– Try it while you meditate! That’s one of my favorite ways to use it.
– Gently clean the mask as needed using a nontoxic cleaning cloth. It’s made out of medical-grade silicone and the LED lights are attached to this.
How often should you use it?
– You can use it daily or a few times a week. I use it every couple of days before bed, or during my morning meditation.
Do you need to wear eye protection with a red light mask?
– The lights are BRIGHT. It says that you can read or do other things while using the mask, but I find that it’s too bright for me to do anything else than meditate or listen to a podcast with my eyes closed (which is a nice break). I checked with a good friend, who is an esthetician, about needing to wear eye protection while using the mask. She said that she recommends it. The mask does come with blackout goggles, which I use while I’m wearing it.
Is it worth it?
YES. I notice my skin feels softer and I feel a grounded energy on the days I use it! I’m a huge fan of infrared heat and have loved red light for years since it can reduce inflammation and improve healing. Like I said, I’m all about any non-invasive treatments right now, so this was a no-brainer for me.
Let me know if you decide to give it a try! I have a referral link here and the code FITNESSISTA75 gets ya a discount.
Have you discovered any new fitness, health, or skincare gadgets/tools you’re loving lately? Shout it out in the comments! I always like discovering new things.
The post HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask Review appeared first on The Fitnessista.