Kids Club News: March 2021
Hello Kids Club Families!
We wanted to take this opportunity to send a shout out to all of the grown ups in our Chuze Family. The past 12 months have challenged each of you all in different ways. We recognize the many additional hats you have worn and may continue to now wear everyday for your family. Thank you for your patience, grace, and kindness during this time. The children in your family are blessed to have you as an example. We hope each of you are prioritizing self-care.
Thank you to all of our Chuze Kids! We want to send our appreciation to you. Thank you for spreading joy with your laughter and smiles. We understand some days are hard and you can have different feelings. It’s okay to have those feelings. You are not alone. We miss you all so much. We are looking forward to the time when we all can be together again.
With all of our love,
The Chuze Fitness Kids Club Team
If your local Kids Club remains closed, not to worry! You won’t be charged Kids Club dues until we’re up and running again.
March Craft Calendar
One of our favorite things is to craft with you. We are so appreciative of the time we spend together when crafting everyday.
March 23 is World Meteorological Day!
Activity: Shaving cream rain cloud
What you need: clear jar or cup, food coloring, shaving cream, water
- Step 1: fill your cups with ¾ water and top with shaving cream
- Step 2: add a few droplets of food coloring (don’t do it too fast!)
- Step 3: watch and enjoy!
March 31 is National Crayon Day!
Activity: Writing a secret message with a white crayon
What you need: white paper, white crayon (NONwashable), colored markers
- Use your white crayon to draw a picture of a secret message on the white paper, ensuring you are pressing down (feel free to retrace it a few times!)
- Color across the whole paper with colored markers to make the secret appear!
What you need: rocks, paint
Share your appreciation for your neighbors and community by decorating some rocks with messages of gratitude and inspiration.
Appreciation Activities For Kids
- Read: My Friend Isabelle and Hannah’s Down Syndrome Superpowers
- Appreciation for Others: Disability awareness activities
- Appreciation for a friend: Write a positive note for a classmate or Create a Feel-Good Sign to hang on your window.
- Appreciation for your family: Help a family member around the house
- Appreciation for your home: Pick Up litter the next time you are outside.
Appreciation for All the People in the World
Did you know? March is Women’s History Month and Monday, March 8 is International Women’s Day 2021!
Learn about Women in History
- Iconic Women to Celebrate this Women’s History Month
- Jacqueline Woodson: American writer
- Anna May Wong: First Chinese American film star in Hollywood.
- Maria Tallchief: First American to dance with the Paris Ballet
- Wangari Maathai: First African woman to receive the Nobel Peace Prize
- Mari Copeny: Social Justice Activist
- Michelle Wie: Professional Golfer
- Katherine Johnson:Mathematical skills helps NASA send astronauts to the moon.
- Check out the book: 101 Awesome Women who Changed Our World by Julia Adams
- Check out the Board Book: A is for Awesome!: 23 Iconic Women Who Changed the World by Eva Chen
Plus! Get crafty with these Women’s History Month coloring book pages by Classroomdoodles.com.
Did you know? March 21 is World Down Syndrome Day.
- Learning to Appreciate Diversity thought play
- Create a Caring and Inclusive Space
Talk to your kids about ones with special needs:
- Tell them that there are lots of types of people in this world. Everyone is unique. Some kids have differences that are more obvious than others.
- Some kids have trouble with hearing or cannot hear.
- Some kids have trouble with seeing, or cannot see.
- Some kids talk in their own special way. Some kids cannot speak words, but they have other ways of communicating; they might use their hands or their eyes. Or they have an ipad or machine that speaks words for them
- Some kids walk in their own unique way. Some kids need braces on their feet to help them get around. Some kids use wheelchairs or walkers.
- Some kids act certain ways because it makes them feel comfortable, like they like to repeat words, flap their arms or bang their knees against a table.
Explain different kinds of special needs:
- Kids with Down syndrome were born with it– they got a little extra information in their blood that can change some things, including how their eyes look. Sometimes it takes them longer to do stuff, including walking, talking and taking care of themselves. You could ask a child to talk with her mouth full of food to understand how talking with special needs can be a challenge.
Talk about what’s more alike than different:
- A child with special needs is still a child. Just like any kid, they can enjoy playing with toys, coloring pictures, watching videos, going to the park and having birthday parties. They have favorite colors, tv shows and songs. They go to school and learn. They have unique talents and gifts, even if a child does not talk like they do or move like they do. They can laugh and get upset and get mad.
- They love their moms and dads, like any kid.
- Their parents love them, like any kid.
- There is no reason to feel sad for them.
- Ask your child to treat a child with special needs just like he’d want to be treated.
- If they ask how to talk to a kid with special needs , tell them this: “ Start with saying ‘Hi.’”
Appreciation for Nourishment
Peanut butter banana roll ups (Share it with a loved one to spread kindness!)
Did you know? National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day is March 1st!
Ingredients: tortillas (any kind!), peanut butter, banana
- Spread peanut butter all over the tortilla (completely cover it!)
- Place the banana in the middle of the tortilla and roll the tortilla around the banana
- Cut into slices (about 1 inch pieces) and enjoy!
Berry Spinach Smoothie by Twin Mom Refreshed
Did you know? National Spinach Day is March 26th!
Ingredients: Spinach, avocado, frozen berries, vanilla or plain yogurt
- Add ½ cup of frozen berries,2 scoops of yogurt, ½ cup of spinach, ½ avocado (fresh of frozen) into a blender
- Add ¼ cup of water to blender and blend until smooth
- Pour and enjoy!
Appreciation for Joy with Family Jokes
Q: What did the big flower say to the little flower?
A: Hi, Bud!
Q: Why do bicycles fall over?
A: Because they’re two-tired!
Q: What does the ocean do when it sees its friends?
A: It waves!
5 Ways to Spread Kindness In Your Community
- Find opportunities to give compliments
- Donate food or clothing to your local community
- Hold the door open for a stranger
- Say “Thank you”
- Smile at someone, just because
The post Kids Club News: March 2021 appeared first on Chuze Fitness.