Kids Club News: November 2020
Hello Kids Club Families!
Our November newsletter is all about Fall! We have included some fun activities for you to do as a family. We would love to see how you and your children are enjoying these activities. Share your fun with us on Instagram, #ChuzeFamily.
At the heart of Chuze Fitness, is kindness, giving back, and making an impact. We do it for our community, our loved ones, and our bodies, to keep us feeling complete. We’re so excited to partner with Kindness.org to bring a variety of opportunities to our community to fuel the part of our body that pumps our bloodstreams. Kindness and giving back comes in all shapes and sizes, and any contribution to this world is a win, but to kick things off, we’ve outlined some Kindness acts below.
- Set a daily gratitude reminder (What are you Grateful for Today?)
- Send a letter, gift or flowers to someone
- Compliment a stranger (virtually or in-person)
- Create a Feel-Good Sign
- Tell a child why you are proud of them.
We want to encourage you and your family to celebrate World Kindness Day on Friday, November 13th. Share your Acts of Kindness on social using #iChuzeKindness for a chance to win some sweet Kindness swag.
With all of our love,
The Chuze Fitness Kids Club Team
While Kids Club remains closed until further notice, you will not be billed for Kids Club dues.
November Craft Calendar
Snack Time: Fall Fruit Salad
What You Need
- 3 Kiwi
- 2 large oranges
- 1 Cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 ½ Cup grapes (your choice of color)
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- Mixing spoon
- Peel and dice kiwi into small pieces
- Peel and cut the oranges into small pieces
- Cut grapes in half
- Combine all ingredients into large bowl
- Using the spoon, mix all ingredients together
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours
Family Workout Challenge
Don’t forget to Check out our Free Family Workouts!
- 10 Jumping Jacks
- 10 High Knees
- 10 Mountain Climbers
- 10 Pushups
- 10 Skier Jumps
- 10 Squats
- 10 Front lunges
- 10 crunches
Q: What did the baby corn say to the mommy corn?
A: Where is popcorn?!
Q: What key has legs but cannot open doors?
A: A turKEY!
Q: What’s an elephant’s favorite vegetable?
Q: What did one leaf say to the other?
A: I’m falling for you!
Salt Crystal Experiment
What you need:
- 1 box of salt
- Pipe cleaners
- Mason jars or glass cups
- Cooking pot
- Bend your pipe cleaners to look like different types of leaves. Make sure to leave a long stem for each leaf
- In your pot, heat about 2 ½ cups of water per mason jar or glass cup
- Time to add the salt water! Keep in mind that for 3-4 jars or cups you will end up using the entire container of salt. The trick to making this experiment successful is using LOTS of salt.
- Once the water starts to boil, add in your salt and mix until it wont dissolve anymore (there may be some grains left at the bottom of the pot)
- Pour the hot water into your mason jars or glass cups
- Clip a leaf onto a clothespin and insert the leaf into the jar so that it is suspended by the clothespin in the center of the jar. Make sure it does not touch the sides or bottom of the jar/glass
- Set your jars/glasses in a sunny windowsill and leave them for about two days, but the longer the better!
- After a few days check on your leaves and notice the cool crystals that have developed, COOL!
TIP: You may also use real leaves instead of pipe cleaners if they are available to you.
Fall Themed Yoga
- Crescent moon pose : Stand very tall in mountain pose, reach your arms above your head and place your palms together. Gently lean to one side, hold, and repeat on the other side
- ScareCrow Pose (mountain pose): Stand tall and lift your arms out to the side like a scarecrow! Hold for a few breaths.
- Leaves changing color (tree pose): Stand on one leg and bend your knee. Place the sole of your foot on your inner thigh. Lift your arms above your head and touch your palms together.
- Birds fly south for warmer weather (warrior 3 pose): Stand on one leg and extend the other behind you. Bend your torso forward and move your arms out to the side. Flap your arms like a bird!
- Farmers harvest their crops before the frost (Chair pose): Stand tall in mountain pose with your feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees and raise your arms above your head.
- Bears preparing to go to their dens for the winter (Downward facing dog): Step back to hands and feet in an upside- down V shape. Sway side to side.
- Whales Migrate south to warmer waters (Bow pose): Lie down on your belly and bend your knees. Lift up your chest and reach back with your arms to touch your toes.
- Foxes growing thicker fur (kneeling pose): Come to kneeling on your knees and look up at the moon like a fox. Take three big deep breaths.
- Acorn Pose (child’s pose): Sit back on your heels and slowly bring your forehead down to rest in front of your knees. Rest your arms down alongside your body and take three big deep breaths.
- Butterflies fly south to their winter homes (cobbler’s pose): Sit on your bottom and sit up tall. Bend your legs and place the soles of your feet together. Gently flap your wings like a butterfly
- I am a falling leaf (Resting pose): Lay on your back with your arms and legs stretched out. Breathe and rest for as long as you would like!
Outdoor Fall Scavenger Hunt
Can you find all of the items on the list?!
Hello Fall: Read Along Book
Why leaves change colors Video
The Turkey Hokey Pokey
The post Kids Club News: November 2020 appeared first on Chuze Fitness.