Make Rose Tea At Home
How To Make Rose Tea At Home
Nowadays with not much going outside the house, most of us are looking for some interesting tastes and flavors. This time I thought of making Rose tea at home. Rose is my favorite flower not only because it is a beautiful flower with great fragrance but also due to its wide-ranging health benefits. Oh! how I love making Gulkand every year. I remember my grandmother making bottles of Rose Sharbat at home out of the homegrown organic rose petals.
We Indians have been using rose petals in various traditional foods as well as drinks for ages. Rose has a lot of health benefits, for overall health as well as skincare. You can read about Rosehip seed oil which is frequently used in beauty regimes here…
Recently I was surprised to know that Rose tea is one of the best herbal teas and must be added to your daily diet if you are trying to lose weight. Surprised, are you?
Benefits of Rose Tea
Actually Rose tea also helps improve skin and hair health due to the antioxidants present in it along with its benefits for getting good digestion too.
It is also a great stress buster and a perfect mood-enhancer because of its aroma.
Rose tea is anti-inflammatory, due to the presence of antioxidants in it.
Rose tea is a healthy caffeine-free option for coffee or regular tea.
It helps to curb hunger pangs and enhance weight loss.
Rose tea is known to help good bacteria in our digestive tract.
It is used as a herbal remedy for constipation as well as diarrhea.
Rose tea can prevent urinary tract infections as it has detox and diuretic properties.
A regular intake of Rose tea with honey can make your skin also glow.
Make Rose Tea At Home, the easiest way…….
let me share with you a very easy way to make Rose tea at home. People like me have hardly any faith in packaged anything that has an aroma and strong flavor so I do not trust store-bought rose tea. I prefer making my Rose Tea at home with fresh rose petals handpicked from my little kitchen garden. The rose pictured above is from my pesticide-free and purely organic kitchen garden.
There are several ways of making rose tea. One can buy dried rose petals from the market and mix with tea leaves. Nowadays rose tea buds are available online too.
- To make rose tea from fresh rose petals all you need is rose petals of one or two pesticide-free roses.
- Pluck out the petals and wash them in the running water.
- Add those to two cups of boiling water. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Add any green tea of your choice.
- Cover and let it steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the tea into glasses and add sweetener of your choice. I love to add honey, black salt, and some fresh lime juice to it for that extra freshness during summers. You may add ginger or cinnamon to make rose tea more flavourful.
This is the final result of my Fresh Rose Tea
I make a few cups Rose tea in the morning and keep in refrigerator to be had later with some ice cubes added. This tea may be consumed once or twice in a day to aid weight loss but remember to keep sweeteners under control or maybe just avoided.
You may also like reading –
- Top 15 Benefits Of Tea You Should Not Miss!
- 5 Herbal Teas To Treat Various Ailments
- Kombucha Tea – 7 Amazing Health Benefits!