Medical Tests For Weight Gain ; A comprehensive list
Important Medical Tests
For Weight Gain
Hi Ladies, Are you gaining weight while working from home during Covid-19? If that is the case, then this is going to help you figure out things especially when these days you have time to think about yourself.
Here is a list of tests that you should get done if you are experiencing sudden Weight Gain. For detailed reasons for sudden weight gain, please read my post here.
Medical Tests For Weight Gain
- Complete Haemogram – For complete blood count as those women who are Iron-deficient generally experience low energy levels. They have low activity levels too that leads to sudden weight gain. It is also the therapy to increase serum ferritin levels that accompanies weight gain.
- Iron/Transferin/ Transferrin Saturation% – For Anemia. Please read details here.
- Lipid Profile Test – Checks good and bad cholesterol levels
- Liver Function Test – For state of Liver
- Renal Profile Test (Blood Urea Nitrogen/ Creatinine/ Electrolytes/ Calcium)
- Serum Uric Acid
- Blood testosterone – Please read details here. If testosterone is high, then PCOS profiling is done to check PCOS.
- Thyroid Function – This measures T3, T4 and TSH levels
- Urogram (Microalbumin/ Creatinine/ Albumin) – For state of Kidneys
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin (HbA1c) – For insuling level, directly related to Diabetes
- Fasting Blood Sugar – For diabetes
- Vitamin B 12 levels
- Vitamin D and D3 levels
- Complete Urine Analysis Report ( Glucose / Bilirubin / Ketone / Protein / Uribilinogen / Leucocytes)
All the tests above are Blood tests except for the last one. These tests cover every possibility of malfunction that could be causing weight gain. The approximate cost of these tests is around Rs 7000-8000. I was told that these tests should be done in a span of 6-8 months. However, you can just do a particular test that has given abnormal results in 6 months and the rest once in a year.
By the way, this is exactly how I behave during blood tests
Please get these Medical Tests For Weight Gain done if you are gaining weight or not able to lose weight despite all efforts, even if you have no medical history.
Stay at home, Take Care and Stay safe!
You may also like reading –
- How to Log your Diet Plan with Cron-O-meter
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 1
- Food Steamer For Weight Loss & Healthy Cooking
- My Latest Lifestyle Changes to Lose Weight
- 6 tips to prepare for Weight Loss
- Ways To Make Eggs Interesting
- 12 Foods for Maximum Weight Loss
- Diet or Exercise – Who is the winner in Weight Loss?
- A Calorie is a Calorie, Really ?
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 2