Navratri Diet Plan To Lose Weight
I am back with a diet plan and some Naratri Vrat recipes in the series of posts related to weight loss during Navratri. Well, I don’t believe in heavy fried foods during Navratri fasting as there is no point of fasting if you eat yourself sick and sleep every night with a heavy stomach burping and belching. Eeeks!… I hate that feeling.
Anyhow during vrat when everyone is trying to control their hunger and waiting for that one meal in the evening along with various mini meals all through the day … munching on fried peanuts, roasted makhane, dry fruits, bananas, but I am trying to stay light and healthy. So I prepared a wonderful meal for myself a day back. Take a look.
This is looking good… isn’t it? I don’t know what all you are thinking about it but let me ensure you that this was one really complete meal and kept me full whole day. Of yes, I forgot to tell you that I take my one meal during lunch in place of dinner. That keeps me light and I can go for my late night walk on a lighter stomach.
Now I know all of you want me to stop blabbering and just waiting for the Navratri meal plan. So before you secide to leave the page, here is the plan.
Two glasses of luke warm water with either apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Nowadays due to Covid 19 I am taking giloy swaras daily for the last one year.
A cup of milk with two spoon full of roasted amaranth seeds added to it. Check Recipe here
Mid Morning Snack
One orange or mosambi with a cup of black coffee with stevia after half an hour.
My healthy meal
Vrat ka dhokla
- Vrat ke chawal
- Curd I used half kator with water but you can increase if you wish.
- Spinach washed and chopped
- Salt, soda bicarb or Eno fruit salt. (I prefer Eno 1 sachet, not in the picture below)
Mix samak rice, salt, curd and mix well.
Add Chopped spinach.
- Mix well and add some water so that the rice get soaked nicely. If using Soda Bicarb, add now.
- Finally after half an hour add Eno Fruit salt and mix well. Micro high for 4-5 minutes. You can use steamer also. It will take ten- fifteen minutes to cook well in it.
- Do a knife test..Poke a knife and see if it comes out clean. If yes the it’s done.
- Cut in slices the way you want.
- Have with Spicy pumpkin and peanut chutney.
Roasted Peanuts a handful with a cup of tea without sugar. I like my tea without sugar with peanuts but if you wish you can add stevia. Aah! That reminds me, Do you buy roasted Peanuts from the market, or roast at home? I make my own salted peanuts at home. How I do it… will be in the next post. Stay connected.
As I told you earlier, I take my full meal during lunch so during dinner I just have a glass of milk with six almonds crushed and boiled with it. It makes a great health drink after my one-hour late night walk. The peanuts in the evening actually keep me full all through.
If you like to have your full meal in the evening, then you can simply interchange lunch and dinner menu. No issues with that.
Water and Workout
Water and workouts are the most important ‘Ws’ in my Navratri fasting…. I drink minimum 15-20 glasses of water daily, but if you can’t do that at least have 6-8 glasses minimum.
The Workout is my regular Leslie Sansone’s Walk at home program in the morning 2 -3 miles and at night brisk one hour walk. Basically, I believe that burning 500 calories daily is a must. It keeps my happy hormones flowing smoothly.
See you soon here with two easy Navratri recipes. Stay healthy, stay strong, because you only live once.
You may also like reading-
- 1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-Diet Plan Day 5
- 1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-Diet Plan Day 4
- 1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-Diet Plan Day 3
- 1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-FAQ & Exercises
- 1 Week Weight Loss Challenge-Diet Plans For Weight Loss