Recipe: Ridge gourd pel chutney
Recipe: Ridge gourd pel chutney HealthifyMe HealthifyMe – The definitive guide to weight loss, fitness and living a healthier life.
Ridge gourd pel chutney
Often, we overlook the nutritional value of vegetable peels, which are often more nutritionally dense than the underlying vegetable. Ridge gourd is one of the vegetables on that list. Although it may not be your favourite vegetable, it has various health benefits. Have you had a chance to try it? If not, follow this recipe and try this easy-to-make but lip-smacking chutney made using Ridge gourd peels (Dodka).
Servings 4 People
- 2 cups Ridge Gourd, peeled
- 1/2 cup Urad Dal Split
- 6-7 Green Chilli
- 1 Tamarind, lemon sized ball
- 1/2 tbsp Jaggery
- A handful of Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Coconut, freshly grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan over medium high heat and cook the ridge gourd skin for 3 minutes. Keep it aside to cook.
- Now, fry in the dals and freshly grated coconut till fragrant in the same pan.
- Now, take a blender and put the roasted ingredients with the tamarind, salt, and jaggery, and some water.
- Blend it into a smooth paste and take it out in a bowl.
- Now put some ghee in a pan and add in some chillies, mustard and curry leaves, till they start to splatter.
- Add this tadka to the blended ingredients and mix well.
- Serve a chutney that is unique, delicious and nutritious
View this post on Instagram
The post Recipe: Ridge gourd pel chutney appeared first on HealthifyMe.