Recipe: Spiced pumpkin soup
Recipe: Spiced pumpkin soup HealthifyMe HealthifyMe – The definitive guide to weight loss, fitness and living a healthier life.
Spiced pumpkin soup
Pumpkins are a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients.
It is high in vitamin A, which aids in the improvement of vision. It's low in calories, so it'll help you lose weight while keeping you satisfied for longer.
Many people consider pumpkins to be nothing more than a Halloween decoration, a pie filling. However, this plump, nutritious orange squash vegetable from the squash family may need to be reconsidered"
Servings 1 Bowl
- 3 cups Red Pumpkin cubes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 tsp Jeera Powder
- To taste, Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme or Oregano
- 1 cup Thin Coconut Milk
- Heat the 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet, then add the 1/4 cup chopped onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the 3 cups red pumpkin cube and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Combine 4 cups boiling water, salt, nutmeg powder, 1/2 tsp jeera powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to cool. Blend in a mixer until smooth once it has cooled.
- Return the mixture to the deep pan, add the 1tsp dried thyme or oregano, as well as the coconut milk, and stir well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring periodically. Serve hot!
View this post on Instagram
The post Recipe: Spiced pumpkin soup appeared first on HealthifyMe.