TOTAL GYM 4-WEEK SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE: WEEK 4
Let’s check in with yourself… Bring attention to how you feel mentally and physically.
• Do you notice a difference in how you perform your strength and endurance workouts, from when you started at week 1 to how you feel at week 4?
• Are your muscles more toned and defined?
• Are your clothes fitting looser?
• Do you feel more confident mentally and physically?
You’ve been on a big 4-week transformational journey that has probably taught you a lot about yourself. Be proud of your wins, learn from your struggles, and never give up on yourself. You are amazing.
Let’s finish this week strong!
RECAP OF THE SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE
During the 4 weeks of summer camp, you will be provided a plan to follow with new routines each week. You will learn and perform a variety of Total Gym workouts that build upon the previous week either by increasing the reps or sets, changing the incline, or advancing the exercises to keep your body challenged.
The challenge includes four weeks of new Total Gym workouts designed to increase your strength and improve your endurance to ultimately achieve your summer body. Plus, you have the opportunity to challenge yourself along the way by incorporating variations of the exercises.
JOIN THE PROGRAM
If you have been following along, I hope you’re enjoying the challenge and are starting to see and feel a difference in your body. If you’re just tuning in now, you can get all the important details starting with week 1of the challenge.
LINKS TO PREVIOUS WEEKS OF THE SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE
Week 1 || Workout 1
Week 2 || Workout 2
Week 3 || Workout 3
THE WORKOUT PLAN:
A weekly workout calendar is provided to follow and to keep your workouts on track. It contains what type of workout and the exercises you will perform on each day of the week. In the previous weeks, a new set of workouts were provided to keep your muscles challenged. This final week is slightly different. All the exercises you have learned, perfected, and advanced will be combined into 3 new workouts for week 4’s challenge.
Along with the strength days, please incorporate 3 cardio sessions to help you burn more calories, more fat, and helps condition your body quicker. Incorporate core movements on the designated days (see schedule) and be sure to stretch those muscles out!
Please view the video to see a demonstration of the Total Gym exercises for week 4’s workouts.
WEEK 4 || WORKOUTS 4A- 4B- 4C
As mentioned above, our final week of the program brings all the previous weeks together into 3 powerful total body workouts. By now, you should feel comfortable performing the exercises and you have the ability to advance them to keep your muscles challenged.
Now let’s bring this challenge home!
GOAL: Shape, tone, and sculpt your summer body in 4-weeks with the Total Gym Summer Body Challenge.
• All workouts combine into 3 new routines; Workout 4A, 4B, 4C
• Choose the exercise variation you prefer from the past 3 weeks: (1)(2)(3)
• Incorporate your own cardio+ stretch+ core routines on the given days
• Incline levels will vary depending on the exercises
• Refer to the weekly workout schedule
• Perform your own warm-up for at least 5-minutes to prepare your muscles
• Perform workouts in circuit format on non consecutive days
• Perform each exercise for 15-20 reps / 2-3 sets with little rest between sets
• Modify or advance the exercises by adjusting your body position on the glide board.
• View the video to see a demonstration of the exercises.
• Stay consistent, dedicated, and focused on your goal.
WORKOUT 4A: Combination of workouts 1 & 3
Accessories: Squat Stand & AB Crunch
1. Plank Reaches
2. Single Leg Glute Press & Pulses
3. Crunch Extend Oblique Twist
4. Front Knee Tucks
5. Hover Tucks
6. Reverse Lunge Pulse
WORKOUT 4B: Combination of workouts 2 & 3
Accessories: Cables & AB Crunch
• Torso Rotation (seated or kneeling)
• Surfer Row Bicep
• Chest Fly
• Rev Lunges & Pulses
• Seated Twists
• Burpie Slide Out (option to hop)
WORKOUT 4C: Combination of workouts 1, 2, & 3
Accessories: Squat Stand, Cables, & AB Crunch
1. Squats + Pulses + Hops
2. Decline Push-ups
3. Back Extension / Forearm Hip Dip
4. Down Down Up Up Push-up
5. Pullover Crunch (legs up)
6. Lat Raise (legs up)
7. Side Knee Tucks
8. Hover Holds
9. Seated Twists (legs up)
Be sure to check out the video to see how “Workouts 4 A-B-C” are performed on your Total Gym.
Stay the course and you will see your hard work pay off as you strut your new summer body in the hot summer heat!
The post TOTAL GYM 4-WEEK SUMMER BODY CHALLENGE: WEEK 4 appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.